Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Our Journey Continues

That "head cold" I mentioned yesterday has actually turned out to be the flu. Daniel seems to have it also. Dave and Nicholas are fine. Lily has her first doctor appointment today. She seems to have a cold also, no fever. We came home on Saturday to a broken hot water heater also. It's all fixed now. My house is an absolute mess, I have mounds of laundry to do and am feeling a bit discouraged about not being able to take care of my family and this little one. Dave has been great though. This too shall pass. There's a peace I've come to know though my heart and flesh may fail. There's an anchor for my soul and I can say it is well...

The good news is that Lily slept through the night last night. She woke up around 1am, but we let her cry a bit (16 minutes exactly) and she was back to sleep until 6:30am. I don't know if I mentioned that Lily's cleft lip and palate actually turned out to be a cleft lip and gum. Her palate is intact. We will be seeing Patricia Fox in October for a consult as she is out of the country for the month of September on a medical mission trip to Mexico to fix cleft lips and palates down there.

Sorry if this seems very jumpy and fragmented, that's all I can muster up for today. Just gonna lay low for the day. Thanks for following along with us. We'll continue to post Lily's progress through her surgeries and such so keep in touch...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well. We'll be praying that you start feeling better really soon.
    Have a great day resting and loving and connecting with your little girl.

    ReplyDelete